Motto: "Going for MY goal ... going for the gold"
Partnership 4 Kids Elementary Program
Partnership 4 Kids Elementary Program works to improve the academic achievement and life skills of students.
• Encouraging and rewarding student's achievement in reading, math, and life skills through a program of setting goals, celebrating, and rewarding goal achievement. Promoting parents’ and guardians’ involvement in their student's educationFostering school cohesiveness, identity, and pride.
Procedures of Partnership 4 Kids Elementary Program ...
At the beginning of each nine week academic quarter, teachers assign every student an individual math and reading goal
(goals are intended to be attainable, yet challenging)
Teachers give goal charts, outlining each student's goals, to each student
A copy of the goals are given to the parents or guardians
(Teachers and Goal Buddies encourage the students to review their goals on a regular basis -- parents and guardians are asked to support and assist the efforts of their children in attaining their goals)
Once a student has achieved his/her quarterly goals, the teacher immediately recognizes the achievement by issuing a "Goal Award Certificate"
(new goals are set each quarter)
GOAL BUDDIES are caring volunteers affiliated with several local organizations and corporations. Goal buddies visit the classroom twice per quarter and work with each child to motivate them and help them realize they can and will achieve their goals.
Partnership 4 Kids students demonstrate ....
• good life skills
• social and emotional development
• a willingness to learn
• good study habits and good effort in completing work
• a caring attitude toward others ...
Social and Emotional Development
• Follows school/bus/classroom rules
• Accepts authority
• Assumes and fulfills responsibilities
• Interacts cooperatively with others
• No out-of-school suspensions
Good Study Habits and Effort
• Participates in group discussions and activities
• Follows oral and written directions
• Completes daily and homework assignments
• Stays on task in a group and works independently
• Completes assignments on time
• Shows respect and courtesy to all
• Makes good choices
• Displays good manners
All students are expected to be courteous and helpful
Students have developed the following rules ...
• Be kind and respectful
• Listen and follow directions
• Stay in your seat
• Raise your hand to speak
• Take care of materials
• Hands off rule (no fighting)